I had a load of German half tracks in the lot to get through, and while I had lined them up in the various stages of painting it struck me how unrealistic they all looked with no cargo in the back.

So I thought about making some crates with Milliput, but that would have been too fiddly in 6mm. I got a normal eraser from a stationery.set and sliced it up with a stanley knife. They were then painted in the nearest shade to pine I could muster.

Also in the pencil case were some staples. I straightened a few out and then bent them to make the things that hold up the canvas rooves. Stuck them in with glue.

image

Now for the tarps. I first tried tissue soaked with diluted PVA, but that just disintegrated, so I used a bit of old tin foil off a chocolate egg. This was malleable enough to mould into any shape needed and keep in the wrinkles like fabric.

image

I’m quite happy with the results.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s